Engaged and excited? It’s time to start planning for your dream wedding at the ideal venue. Choosing the right venue is one of the most important decisions, as almost everything else depends on it- the decor, the catering services, the address on the invitation, and so on.
Make no compromise for it’s YOUR special day; the place where you start anew with your significant other!
Checking out different venues and shortlisting the ones best-suited for your wedding in terms of space, facilities and the budget is a task. But it’s the task that needs to be checked off your wedding planning checklist before anything and everything else.
Once you are ready with a list of venues that you would like to consider, you are off to the next level, which is, asking questions about the venue. Do not hesitate to ask all sorts of questions. Pick up the phone or head to the venue and get all your doubts cleared. With a thousand thoughts running in your head, you are sure to miss out on a question or two! We, at Venue First, have made a detailed wedding checklist; we recommend you to go through it to have clarity on which venue to finalise
Let’s get started with questions to ask wedding venues before booking ‘the’ venue-
- Is the venue available on the desired dates?
Note – Always have some flexibility when it comes to the dates. Keep 2-3 options handy, especially if you are planning a wedding in the peak season.
- What’s the rent for a one day booking? Is it on a per day basis, or an hourly basis?
Note – Always negotiate and ask for discounted packages for your wedding.
- What is the payment process?
- What’s the cancellation and refund policy in case of a sudden change in the plan?
- How many people can be accommodated in the venue space?
- Is accommodation available? If yes, then how many rooms are available on the given dates?
Note – Try and check the rooms in person.
- Are there any hotels close to the venue, in case the estimated guest list exceeds?
- How many extra beds can be included in one room?
- What is the contingency plan for electricity, in case of a power cut?
- Do you have an indoor arrangement, in case of unpredictable weather conditions?
- Do you have special suites for the bride and the groom?
- Can we hire a different caterer or is it mandatory to have the in-house caterer?
- Can we taste the food before we fix the menu?
Note – Never compromise on quality. Meet the chef who will be responsible for supervising the task and explain your preferred tastes to him/her.
- What is the maximum number of items that can be included in breakfast, lunch and dinner? Also, will there be any added beverages?
- Is outside food allowed in the venue premises?
- Can we order our wedding cake from our own baker?
- When do you take your last food order for the day?
- Is there a separate bar lounge and smoking zone?
- Does the food package include the evening snacks, or will that be an extra expense?
- Do you have separate veg and non-veg kitchens?
- Will you provide us with the list of decor vendors, or can we hire one from our own list of contacts?
- Does the in-house decor package include the cost of lighting and sound?
- Can we select our own decor theme for the wedding venue?
- Do you have in-house event planners?
- What extra facilities will be given to our guests? Can they use the pool, gym and spa? If yes, then will it be of an extra expense or a part of the package?
Note – Take everything in writing, always.
- Is there an arrangement for security purposes?
- Are there any alcohol, loud music and photography restrictions?
- Will there be any other event happening on the same dates as mine?
- Who will be our point of contact during our entire wedding function?
Note – Meet the POC in person, ask them your doubts and explain your expectations to them. Communication is the key to everything.
- Is there ample parking space? Is there a valet service?
Take a print out and highlight the questions that you think are most important! Now, take the wedding venue checklist questions and march towards those venues! We wish you all the luck in the world!